.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Thursday, December 02, 2004
 
Pic of the Day


San Diego Super Chargers!!
(AP Photo/Denis Poroy)


After years of futility, which seemed to be getting worse; not better, my only hope for the 2004 NFL season was that the Chargers would not become the first team in NFL history to go 0 - 16.

When they won their first game of the year, I felt that I could relax, secure that, at the very least, my beloved Bolts would not be on the wrong side of football history

When they lost their next 2, I was pretty sure that it was going to be business as usual in Mission Valley this year.

But, something happened on the way to the annual early vacation. Drew Brees came of age, and the Chargers started winning. Not just winning, but beating a couple of real teams, and even trouncing a couple of doormats.

So, here we are in December, the Chargers (8 - 3) find themselves all alone atop the AFC West, and for the first since 1995, I may get to enjoy some postseason pigskin for the Holidays.

Sing it with me now.... "San Di E Go... Super Chargers... San Di E Go, CHARGERS!"
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger