.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
 
Author's Mistake (More Subliminal Music: Hendrix "Are You Experienced" lyrics in Hillary's Intro)
UPDATE: THANKS TO SOME MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE FOLKS, I CAN PUT THIS CONSPIRACY THEORY TO REST... THE LINE IS FROM LENNY KRAVITZ'S ""ARE YOU GONNA GO MY WAY" MEA CULPA.

I'm watching a replay of the Hillary introductory video, and shortly before "American Girl" plays, there's a musical montage that includes what I am sure is Jimmi Hendrix. The clip goes: "What I really want to know is" and then cuts out to other music. Everyone who knows the song knows the next phrase:

"ARE YOU EXPERIENCED"

This CAN'T be by accident. Obama's number one vulnerability is his lack of experience, and in Hillary's introduction, someone has placed the question.

What I must know is who put this together? I've got this on my DVR. I'll see if I can find it online. Absent that, I'll try to post it.

Update (forward to 1:33):


Comments:
can't listen to it here, but are you sure it's not "are you gonna go my way"?
 
Yeah - it's Lenny Kravitz, not Jimi. The next line is "Are you gonna go my way?" as PT said. Perhaps a subliminal message to the superdelegates?

(I'm not really into all this meta analysis, but still)
 
Thanks dudes. There goes my chance to be mentioned by Bill Kristol on "Special Report."
 
Dude! You've reopenned the Coffeehouse! Huray! The clouds part! The angels sing!

Keep it up!
 
I got stuff to say. Might as well say it here. :-)
 
Great. Well, you've already got 3 readers! We openned it the first time before the last election, this is as good time as any for a Coffeehouse revival. This time I'll be a loyal reader/commenter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger