.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Monday, February 21, 2005
 
Rose’s Story
Mark Skier is a thirty-something internist in Milwaukee. His blog, Psychotoddler, documents his (frequently very funny) reflections about religious Jewish life, doctoring, and parenting. Recently, I’ve made it a daily read. He’s even had the poor judgment to blogroll us! Thanks!

His mother, Rose, lived in Poland during WWII. I’ve mentioned in a comment in Nomad’s recent post about Iwo Jima that my dad was deported from his home in Romania to a work camp during the war. That he survived was lucky; about half of Romanian Jews were murdered. Polish Jews fared much worse. Rose agreed to be interviewed by Steven Spielberg’s Shoah Foundation. Mark has decided to transcribe his mother’s interview word for word in her own blog: Rose’s Story. The entire interview is 2 hours, so he’s transcribing and posting it a bit at a time.

I haven’t read it yet, but I will. You should too.
Comments:
Small world.

Mark and I know each other from our time spent playing for the same bands and running in the same musical/Jewish circles in New York.

Besides being a hell-of-a-nice guy, his blog is also one of my regular reads.

~treppenwitz~
 
Hi David!

That's no coincidence. I found him through one of the comments he left on treppenwitz and because some other of your regular commenters link to him.
 
I have some very incriminating pictures of David at home, which I will publish unless he links to me.

Leiderhosen

I will say no more
 
PsychoToddler: Sounds like the beginning of a regular series: Photo Friday Blackmail.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger