.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Thursday, February 03, 2005
 
O Have You Seen the Mufti Man?
The title doesn't do justice to this piece in Newsweek - a rabbi's commentary (so to speak) on Holocaust memories. It's about more than the Arab states' boycott of the UN Holocaust commemoration ceremony, but it is about that as well. And I guess Newsweek couldn't resist the clever title.

Man, I even bash the media when they print a worthwhile article. I'm hopeless.
Comments:
Great article. Moronic title. The subtitle is much better: "There is only one lesson from the Holocaust I can bring myself to teach. There are a few other lessons I have learned."

The 4 lessons he's learned:
Anything any survivor of the Holocaust says about anything is just fine with me.
The resistance of the jihadists and jihadist sympathizers to hearing about the Holocaust makes perfect sense to me.
The memory of the Holocaust has not stopped one single act of genocide from occurring since 1945.
David was right.

If you want to know what they mean, read the article.
 
I didn't understand that, actually - which one can he bring himself to teach?
 
The article says he can only teach the last one.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger