.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Sunday, January 02, 2005
 
A New Seasonal Picture
Attentive Coffeehouse browsers will have noticed that in the left column, below the contributors and above the list of links, we've had a picture that we've used as a seasonal decoration. I had a menorah up for Chanuka, Oven put up a painting of the Madonna and Child for Christmas, and I had a festive "Happy New Year" greeting after that. I had a happy snowman ready to go for after New Year's, but recent news makes that feel somewhat lame. I'm taking the liberty of putting up a picture from World Vision's site of some children effected by the tsunami, with a link to World Vision's donation site. Hugh Hewitt recommended donating through them, and a lady in my synagogue who works with international aid organizations (NGOs) also said that they were a reliable group and that their money is used wisely. That's good enough for me. Unless other Coffehousers object, I'd like to leave it up for a couple of weeks. If you haven't given yet, and your children aren't hungry, cough up.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger