.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
 
Glad To Be Home - Happy New Year
My family and I just returned from a three-day cruise to Baja. Our first cruise, in fact. I brought in the New Year drinking and dancing with my wife while the kids played and watched movies at Camp Carnival. We had a good time. A few brief comments about the trip:

1. They serve lots of food all day long. It's all pretty good, but my strategy was to avoid the ordinary stuff that I eat often and focus on the fancy food: lobster tails, jumbo prawns, crabcakes, sushi, and of course caviar.

2. Booze is extra. My strategy was to bring stuff from home. Wine and champagne is OK, although there is a corking fee when you have it with dinner. You're not supposed to bring hard liquor, but I find that Bombay Sapphire gin looks a lot like water in a plastic bottle in a baby bag.

3. Baja was fun, but I ever take another cruise, I think I'll try a more interesting destination, such as the Caribbean or Alaska.

4. Tsunamis are not very impressive in deep water. If one were to cross our path, we might not have noticed.


Comments:
Welcome back, my friend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger