.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
 
Reporting for Duty
Showed up for jury duty today. I wasn't called to a courtroom and I'm done for the year. Now, I'm not volunteering to go back sooner, and I don't mean to be a boy scout, but I was a little put off by the way everyone cheered when we found out we could go home. I'm really busy at work right now and it would have been pretty difficult to serve on a trial right now, but if I were I'd be glad to have the chance to be a part of the system for a while. You know, do my, well, duty. If I were on trial or involved in a civil suit (God forbid on both counts), I would not want my fate to be decided by the schmucks who just couldn't get out of it, and just wanted to be done as soon as possible.

Guess thems the breaks.
Comments:
Well, we're all proud of you. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger