.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Monday, January 09, 2006
 
JIB Awards 2006: Best Series Entry
There is a category in the Jewish Blog awards called "Best Series." I guess a series is when you, like, blog on the same theme or story more than once. I hadn't heard of that before, but now that I have, I want to waste no time in starting a series so this fine blog can be nominated in more than one category next year. Here goes:

I've been blogging for 25 years. Sure, some things have changed. I started on a TI calculator modified to communicate with an old phone system - you know the kind, where you have to take the receiver and place it into a rubbery kind of... receiver holder. My entries back then had more numbers than they had letters, but they meant something just the same. Sometimes you could hold them upside-down and they'd spell "hello."

I graduated to a series of updated technology - Commodore 64, Atari 2600, Lisa, Apple, Apple II, Apple II-plus, Apple-IIe, Apple-IIc, Apple-IIb-R-NotIIb, C3PO, Mac, Quarter-Pounder, OS/2, iMac, Windows, etc. And I've built up quite a following.

But as I've grown from a young lad and become a family man and a businessman, I see now that I have less and less time for such pursuits. So it is now that I tell you, with a heavy heart, that I must face the realities of living in the U.S. in 2006.

I'm outsourcing all future blogging to India.

(continued in next installment)
Comments:
[stands up]
clap clap clap clap clap!

Bravo! We're shoe-ins for next year!

I'm sooooo proud of you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger