.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Thursday, March 03, 2005
 
McCain-Feingold and Bloggers
A couple distressing posts relating to the McCain-Feingold assault on free speech which I ran across while orbiting the blogosphere today

From Captain's Quarters:
McCain-Feingold May Shut Down CQ

And Polipundit:
Freedom Abroad, Tyranny at Home

I've always felt semi-comfortable that the Supreme Court would protect us from such overt assaults on our most fundamental liberties. In this case, it failed miserably. There is reason to be fearful.

There is also reason for action. Both Ed and Polipundit urge readers to contact their representatives and senators to urge action. I urge you to do the same:

The House
The Senate
Comments:
Just another reason not to like McCain. I have a nightmare that he's going to run for president in 2008. I hope conservatives and the blogosphere strongly oppose him. Who else is out there. I love Condy, but who else? Any right-wing governors?
 
Rudy.
 
One word: Arnie.
Hey, anything's possible these days. : D
 
The Scot: Good to see you. I haven't heard of Romney or Ehrlich. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I never thought about a McCain / Hillary race. That truly would be hideous.

Irina: Ahhhhnold can't run for President, being a damn ferner like me. But Arnold in the Veep spot with Condy or Rudy at the top, that would be sweet.
 
But if they change the Constitution (which they are talking about), he can. Now that's one - and only - Amendment I would support at this point.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger