.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Monday, February 28, 2005
 
NYTimeline
The Wall Street Journal's Best of the Web is required reading - I could link to it every day. But that would become tiresome. But I just loved today's top item about the New York Times and the Joe Wilson/Valeria Plame kerfuffle too much.

Here's a timeline for you (well, no dates listed but it's the chronology that's important):

1.) Someone in the White House: "Joe Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, is a CIA agent."

2.) The New York Times editorial page and columnists: "It's a criminal act! A crime, a crime I tell you! Appoint a special prosecutor!"

3.) Special prosecutor: "We're gonna need your reporters' notes and stuff, or they could go to the big house."

4.) The New York Times: "Dude, maybe it wasn't really a crime after all. I mean, who says it was?"

Delicious. No, scrumptuous. No... delicious.
Comments:
somewhat off topic: I found a definition for Irina.
kerfluffle - a commotion or fuss.

I've always called that a hubub.
 
Before the election, I redefined it as a cross between a fussy Kerry and a falafel. But then I figured that it would be an insult to falafel. I even wrote an entire blog entry about it...
 
Ralphie: I read it. I gotta get in the habbit of reading it daily. But what to drop?? They also make the point that the Bush doctrine is winning in Syria and Egypt.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger