.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Miscellaneous thoughts and ramblings
Sunday, January 23, 2005
 
Gilmore Radicals
Okay, I admit it. I often join my wife to watch her favorite show, Gilmore Girls. It's not terrible. So, anyhoo, there's a slightly interesting interview in the New York Times with the show's creator. I know I shouldn't be surprised by anything a hollywood person does these days, but sometimes it is still difficult to fathom. Here she is "smart people" she wants on her show (the transition in the interview is something of a non-sequitir, but that's not so important):

"I tried to get Christiane Amanpour on the show. And I refuse to give up. And I tried to get Angela Davis on the show. And I tried to get Noam Chomsky on the show. The man is booked up for the next two years, by the way. Noam Chomsky is very busy."

And, shucks, it's too late for Susan Sontag!
Comments:
It must be horrible for the right-winger's in Hollywood. There aren't many, but most are in the closet, so there are probably many more than we know. Their days must be full of nausea and disgust.
 
There's an amusing commentary on this issue on NRO:

www.nationalreview.com/comment/rice200501200815.asp

He suggests a code: "Friends of Ronnie" So you can ask, Are you a friend of Ronnie? Only insiders will know what you're talking about - and you won't give yourself away!
 
Very funny! Thanks. Here's a link for those who can't be bothered to copy and paste the URL into your browser's address box.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger